Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Default "Do you want to merge changes" when opening file.

Word 2003 SP3 (11.8215.8202)
XP 2002 Pro SP2
Morning all.
I don't know if a recent background upgrade has occurred but now when I open
a file received from a contributor I get a message bar, which I have never
seen before, saying "Do you want to merge changes in filename back into
filename?" with the options of "Yes", "No", and "No and don't ask again".
As I work with many contributors and they all work on files I created and
they are returning to me, you can imagine that this message is starting to
get irritating. I don't think I have changed any setting but does anyone know
how to turn this feature off?
Many thanks
DeanH

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Spot on Suzanne, as usual.
The company has recently gone over to Outlook (which I have not used for
many years) so no wonder I could not find any setting in Word to stop this.
Many, many thanks.
DeanH

"DeanH" wrote in message
Word 2003 SP3 (11.8215.8202)
XP 2002 Pro SP2
Morning all.
I don't know if a recent background upgrade has occurred but now when I
open
a file received from a contributor I get a message bar, which I have never
seen before, saying "Do you want to merge changes in filename back into
filename?" with the options of "Yes", "No", and "No and don't ask
again".
As I work with many contributors and they all work on files I created and
they are returning to me, you can imagine that this message is starting to
get irritating. I don't think I have changed any setting but does anyone
know
how to turn this feature off?
Many thanks
DeanH

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm just a parrot. g I don't use Outlook, and I guess my clients don't,
either. In any case, I've never encountered this issue, but I did recall
that I had an article about it listed on my "cheat sheet."

"DeanH" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

So far so good, Since changing the setting I have not had the message.
Cross-fingers.
Thanks again.
DeanH