Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default "Developer" tab

While poking around in the various Preferences and Options and
Customizations, I found a check-box for "Show Developer Tab on
Ribbon." I checked it, in order to find out what was in there and
whether I would have any use for it. I discovered I don't (at least,
until I start trying to modify bibliography styles) -- and now I
absolutely cannot find that check-box to make it go away!

Where'd they hide it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

So it is. ("Popular" is another silly label.) Thank you!

--

Graham Mayor - *Word MVP

My web sitewww.gmayor.com
Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org

grammatim wrote:
While poking around in the various Preferences and Options and
Customizations, I found a check-box for "Show Developer Tab on
Ribbon." I checked it, in order to find out what was in there and
whether I would have any use for it. I discovered I don't (at least,
until I start trying to modify bibliography styles) -- and now I
absolutely cannot find that check-box to make it go away!

Where'd they hide it?-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I agree. "Popular" with whom? The idea, I assume, was that this tab would
contain the options most users would be likely to want to change, making
them easy to find. Yet our experience here is that most of the options users
have questions about are on other tabs, which they haven't discovered, of
course, because, if they've even discovered Word Options at all--and some of
them do seem to have trouble finding it even when we tell them exactly where
the button is--they haven't gone beyond Popular.

grammatim wrote:
While poking around in the various Preferences and Options and
Customizations, I found a check-box for "Show Developer Tab on
Ribbon." I checked it, in order to find out what was in there and
whether I would have any use for it. I discovered I don't (at least,
until I start trying to modify bibliography styles) -- and now I
absolutely cannot find that check-box to make it go away!

Where'd they hide it?-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jakubsisak jakubsisak is offline

Where is this Option in Access? I have in Word, Excel, etc. I would like to
display the Developer Tab in Access but the option to turn in on is just not
there... When i search the help it says just that Options -- Popular but it
is missing in my Access Options.
Anyone?

grammatim wrote:
While poking around in the various Preferences and Options and
Customizations, I found a check-box for "Show Developer Tab on
Ribbon." I checked it, in order to find out what was in there and
whether I would have any use for it. I discovered I don't (at least,
until I start trying to modify bibliography styles) -- and now I
absolutely cannot find that check-box to make it go away!

Where'd they hide it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Jakub,

When you're creating a database in MS Office Access 2007 the whole environment is pretty much a development one so there's nothing
'extra' to turn on a separate 'Developer' tab in Access. You may want to use the link below to also post in the Access discussion
group for specifics on that Office 2007 app if you're looking for a specific feature or tool in Access.

============
"jakubsisak" wrote in message ...
Where is this Option in Access? I have in Word, Excel, etc. I would like to
display the Developer Tab in Access but the option to turn in on is just not
there... When i search the help it says just that Options -- Popular but it
is missing in my Access Options.
Anyone?
--
Please let us know if this has helped,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

LINKS
A. Specific newsgroup/discussion group mentioned in this message:
or via browser:
http://microsoft.com/communities/new....public.access

B. MS Office Community discussion/newsgroups via Web Browser
http://microsoft.com/office/communit...s/default.mspx
or
Microsoft hosted newsgroups via Outlook Express/newsreader

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jakubsisak jakubsisak is offline

Thanks. true. But;

In help go to Access Home - Security and Privacy - Enable or disable
macros in Office documents

scroll down to Access

at the very bottom of the Access section there is a TIP which says:

"You can open the macro security settings dialog box from the Developer tab
in the Ribbon, which is part of the Microsoft Office Fluent user interface.
If the Developer tab is not available, click the Microsoft Office Button, and
then click Access Options. Click Popular, and then select the Show Developer
tab in the Ribbon check box."

Is this an error in the help file?

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Jakub,

It appears to be an error in the online version While in the
"Enable or disable macros in Office documents" help top, on the bottom right of the help viewer change from
'Connected to Office Online'
'Show Content only from this computer'

The offline version of the same title is laid out differently and the [Tip] rekated to the Developer tab starts off with

'In Word, Excel and Powerpoint...'

On the bottom of the online version of the page you can click on the 'No' button to advise the MS help authoring team of errors in
content or when things just aren't clear.

I'd still suggest following up in the MS Office Access discussion group. It's possible that there is a Developer tab in some
circumstances in Access

==============
"jakubsisak" wrote in message ...
Thanks. true. But;

In help go to Access Home - Security and Privacy - Enable or disable
macros in Office documents

scroll down to Access

at the very bottom of the Access section there is a TIP which says:

"You can open the macro security settings dialog box from the Developer tab
in the Ribbon, which is part of the Microsoft Office Fluent user interface.
If the Developer tab is not available, click the Microsoft Office Button, and
then click Access Options. Click Popular, and then select the Show Developer
tab in the Ribbon check box."

Is this an error in the help file?
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John John is offline

Hi, is there a way to enable the "show developer tab on the ribbon" in the
Office Customization Tool custom.msp, so that it is there at deployment for
multiple users?

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alica Leppanen Alica Leppanen is offline

I have a different issue. I can find the Developer tab easily enough, but it
will not show. I go to Popular, click the Show Developer tab in Ribbon and
there is no Developer Tab. I use forms often and had to get around it by
adding the Protection & Controls icon to my Quick Access bar - but I'm
wondering what the glitch is here??
Anyone else have this problem?