Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BobG BobG is offline

Default "corrupted table" message

When I open a particular Word 2000-generated file in Word 2007, a message
always appears under a heading that says "A table in this document has become
corrupted." The message goes on to say, in part, that "You can recover the
contents of the document and the table by closing the document, and then
reopening it by using the Open and Repair command of the Open dialog box..."

I deleted the table before saving the rest of the (all text) file, which
reads OK. I don't want to recover the table. How can I prevent the
"corruption" message from showing up each time the file is opened? (Note: I
couldn't find the aforementioned Open and Repair command which perhaps might
be the solution to my problem.)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
p0 p0 is offline

On 31 okt, 20:11, bobg wrote:
When I open a particular Word 2000-generated file in Word 2007, a message
always appears under a heading that says "A table in this document has become
corrupted." *The message goes on to say, in part, that "You can recover the
contents of the document and the table by closing the document, and then
reopening it by using the Open and Repair command of the Open dialog box...."

I deleted the table before saving the rest of the (all text) file, which
reads OK. *I don't want to recover the table. *How can I prevent the
"corruption" message from showing up each time the file is opened? (Note: I
couldn't find the aforementioned Open and Repair command which perhaps might
be the solution to my problem.)

In Word 2007, click the Office button and then Open. At the bottom of
the window for selecting the file, there is an "Open" button with an
arrow next to it. Click the arrow and you will see "Open and Repair"
among the list of options.

Yves
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 12:11:01 -0700, bobg wrote:

When I open a particular Word 2000-generated file in Word 2007, a message
always appears under a heading that says "A table in this document has become
corrupted." The message goes on to say, in part, that "You can recover the
contents of the document and the table by closing the document, and then
reopening it by using the Open and Repair command of the Open dialog box..."

I deleted the table before saving the rest of the (all text) file, which
reads OK. I don't want to recover the table. How can I prevent the
"corruption" message from showing up each time the file is opened? (Note: I
couldn't find the aforementioned Open and Repair command which perhaps might
be the solution to my problem.)

In the Open dialog, single-click the file to select it. Then click the down
arrow on the Open button, and select Open and Repair from the dropdown menu.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman