Johnsie at Newham Hospital

Default `How do I make a macro a trusted source, or get it digitally sign.

I have a mail merge document containing a merge macro on 8 fixed PC's on a
large hospital network. I would like the macro to run with Word set to high
security because a continually varying number of users (doctors) invoke this
macro document and I don't want to keep setting security level to Low on all
User/PC site machines on a weekly basis.

Declaring the documents (or macro, or both) as secure would seem to allow
use of High Security, which is the network default. Can you suggest any good
reading material on this matter as well please?
Doug Robbins

Place the template containing the macro in the Word Startup directory. It
will then be loaded as an Add-in when Word is started.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Johnsie at Newham Hospital" Johnsie at Newham
wrote in message
I have a mail merge document containing a merge macro on 8 fixed PC's on a
large hospital network. I would like the macro to run with Word set to
high
security because a continually varying number of users (doctors) invoke
this
macro document and I don't want to keep setting security level to Low on
all
User/PC site machines on a weekly basis.

Declaring the documents (or macro, or both) as secure would seem to allow
use of High Security, which is the network default. Can you suggest any
good
reading material on this matter as well please?

Johnsie of Newham

Sorry, Doug, it doesn't seem to work, but thank you for your thoughts. The
effect seems to be that the macro becomes globally available but it still
founders at security level on documents created from the template. The macro
sequence will run unconditionally at 'Low,' alert me at 'Medium,' but still
only loads and stares at me smugly doing nothing at 'High' security level!