Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
MPG

Default Problem with embedded Excel tables viewed as images

I am editing a document created by another user that has Excel tables
embbeded in it. When I open the document in Word, the tables are present only
as images and I cant edit them. I changed my Macro security settings to
Medium so that Macros in the document are enabled, but the tables are still
images.

Other users in our office (besides the creator of the document) are able to
edit the tables. Is there some other Word setting that I need to adjust to
allow get the tables as Excel sheets and not images? Is there a setting I
need to adjust in Excel as well?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
TedMi

Several possibilites to try:
1. Is Excel installed on your machine?
2. In Excel, Tools Options General and uncheck Ignore other apps.
3. In Windows Explorer, Tools Folder Options File Types. Scroll down the
list and ensure that .CSV and all .XL* files are set to open with Microsoft
Excel.
4. Right-click on the spreadsheet image in the doc. What do you see on the
context menu - Format Object or Format Picture? If the latter, then the
author in fact inserted only an image, and not an editable object. Perhaps
the other users who can edit have a different version of the doc.
Happy New Year!
--
Ted