Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Big Al Big Al is offline

Default "Create Adobe PDF monitor can not be found" dialogue on word 97

Had to reinstall my Word97 due to a crash. Now when I start Word I get a
dialogue saying"The create Adobe PDF Monitor cannot be found.Please reinstall
Create Adobe PDF." I reinstalled Adobe Reader 7.0 and have that and Acrobat
Reader 5.0 on the computer but "search" cannot find Create Adobe PDF file.
Word works o.k. after removing dialogue. How do I get rid of the dialogue?
Windows xpsp2 os.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It sounds like you may have had Adobe Acrobat on that system at one time.
I'm not talking about the free Reader program - that's different.

A quick Google search yielded this:
http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/323749.html

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Big Al" Big wrote in message
Had to reinstall my Word97 due to a crash. Now when I start Word I get a
dialogue saying"The create Adobe PDF Monitor cannot be found.Please
reinstall
Create Adobe PDF." I reinstalled Adobe Reader 7.0 and have that and
Acrobat
Reader 5.0 on the computer but "search" cannot find Create Adobe PDF file.
Word works o.k. after removing dialogue. How do I get rid of the
dialogue?
Windows xpsp2 os.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I believe some old versions of Acrobat Reader (Version 4?) had a module for
writing PDFs. This is not included with more recent versions. To create PDFs
you need a PDF writing tool. However you still have a macro or an add-in
that is looking for the old module, which is no longer present. You will
continue to get the warning until you remove the macro code (in a macro
called autoexec or autonew) or remove the add-in - see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm