Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dave Dave is offline

Default "Click here to insert data in a form in Word 2000"

I have a form in Word 2000 that requires the insertion of data in specific
places. For example: ... This proposal to build a warehouse using plans
developed by ___________________________pages_______ of__________and
dated_________________and revised_____________. Site plans
by________________________pages___________of______ _____dated_________
and so on. I have seen electronic forms that have a shaded area that say
(click here to insert data) and you simply click and type the information
and it is inserted (underlined) in the appreopriate place. How do I do this?
Or, is there a simple way to insert this information in these spaces?
Thank you in advance for your help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There are basically two ways to do this. If you use MacroButton fields (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...acroButton.htm) the document
remains an ordinary Word document; other parts of it can be edited freely,
and users have all the usual formatting options. If you create a protected
form, users can enter data only in the form fields you have provided, and
many of Word's features are disabled even in unprotected sections of the
document; for more on protected forms, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm and especially
the forms tutorials by Dian Chapman that this article links to.

"Dave" wrote in message
I have a form in Word 2000 that requires the insertion of data in specific
places. For example: ... This proposal to build a warehouse using plans
developed by ___________________________pages_______ of__________and
dated_________________and revised_____________. Site plans
by________________________pages___________of______ _____dated_________
and so on. I have seen electronic forms that have a shaded area that say
(click here to insert data) and you simply click and type the information
and it is inserted (underlined) in the appreopriate place. How do I do

this?
Or, is there a simple way to insert this information in these spaces?
Thank you in advance for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

But it's not an answer: it's a question!

"Dave" wrote:

I have a form in Word 2000 that requires the insertion of data in

specific
places. For example: ... This proposal to build a warehouse using plans
developed by ___________________________pages_______ of__________and
dated_________________and revised_____________. Site plans
by________________________pages___________of______ _____dated_________
and so on. I have seen electronic forms that have a shaded area that say
(click here to insert data) and you simply click and type the

information
and it is inserted (underlined) in the appreopriate place. How do I do

this?
Or, is there a simple way to insert this information in these spaces?
Thank you in advance for your help

Can't get Word 2003 to keep data file with mail merge main documen Yourcareercoach Mailmerge 9 August 10th 06 12:19 PM
Detach or change SQL data source for Word template, and other Qs SJMac Mailmerge 6 July 27th 06 10:12 AM
WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
creating forms Fluffypink Microsoft Word Help 4 March 9th 05 04:17 PM