Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Reece Reece is offline

Default "Changed Lines" Mark-up.

I am having problems with the changed lines mark-up.

My document was created by an ex-colleague, probably using Word 2000.
I have edited it in Word 97 then updated to Word 2000. I have lines in
the left margin indicating that there is text that needs to be
reviewed. However, when I look for changes, I get a pop-up box saying

"The document contains no comments or tracked changes"

I have tried changing the position to the right margin and changing
colour, but the changes don't take effect. I have also tried saving
the file as RTF, but it doesn't help.