Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Patricia Patricia is offline

Default email merge w/attachments:compile error-user defined type not defi

I've tried to follow all the steps and feel like I'm almost there, but when I
run the macro I get the above error message. I've checked to see that
VBToolsReferences has Microsoft Word 12.0 Object Library, Microsoft Office
12.9 Office Library, Microsoft Outlook 12.0 Library and Microsoft Excel 12.0
Object Library checked. Not sure what to do now. Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I'm sure Doug will have the answer but meanwhile, since you are
referencing Excel as well, you may need to qualify any of the
declarations that reference a type that can be either in the Excel or
Word object models. e.g.

change

Dim Datarange As Range

Dim Datarange As Word.Range

(because there is a different Excel.Range)

Maybe also change

Dim Source As Document, Maillist As Document, TempDoc As Document

Dim Source As Word.Document, Maillist As Word.Document, TempDoc As
Word.Document

although I do not think there is any clash in this case.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

patricia wrote:
I've tried to follow all the steps and feel like I'm almost there, but when I
run the macro I get the above error message. I've checked to see that
VBToolsReferences has Microsoft Word 12.0 Object Library, Microsoft Office
12.9 Office Library, Microsoft Outlook 12.0 Library and Microsoft Excel 12.0
Object Library checked. Not sure what to do now. Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

What line of code is highlighted when you receive that error message?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"patricia" wrote in message
I've tried to follow all the steps and feel like I'm almost there, but
when I
run the macro I get the above error message. I've checked to see that
VBToolsReferences has Microsoft Word 12.0 Object Library, Microsoft
Office
12.9 Office Library, Microsoft Outlook 12.0 Library and Microsoft Excel
12.0
Object Library checked. Not sure what to do now. Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Patricia Patricia is offline

Default email merge w/attachments:compile error-user defined type not

oOutlookApp As Outlook.Application and when I hit enter, the Sub line is
highlighted.

"patricia" wrote in message
I've tried to follow all the steps and feel like I'm almost there, but
when I
run the macro I get the above error message. I've checked to see that
VBToolsReferences has Microsoft Word 12.0 Object Library, Microsoft
Office
12.9 Office Library, Microsoft Outlook 12.0 Library and Microsoft Excel
12.0
Object Library checked. Not sure what to do now. Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Patricia Patricia is offline

I do that by going into the Word document, selecting Developer, then Visual
BasicToolsReferences, right? Then check the box next to Microsoft Outlook
Object Library 12.0. It was checked, but now it's not, so you're right, it's
not being retained. Why do you think that would be?

(By the way, I noticed in other postings that Tammy had the same error
message; she was able to click the box and got it working. Not sure why my
fix hasn't been so easy, but I'm trying).

Thank you so much for your help.

Patricia

"patricia" wrote in message
I've tried to follow all the steps and feel like I'm almost there, but
when I
run the macro I get the above error message. I've checked to see that
VBToolsReferences has Microsoft Word 12.0 Object Library, Microsoft
Office
12.9 Office Library, Microsoft Outlook 12.0 Library and Microsoft Excel
12.0
Object Library checked. Not sure what to do now. Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Patricia Patricia is offline

I got it - yeah! And you're right, Doug, just follow the steps. I ended up
starting over and doing it one by one. I believe my problem was that I was
not merging into a new document.....Thanks so much for your help.

"patricia" wrote in message
I've tried to follow all the steps and feel like I'm almost there, but
when I
run the macro I get the above error message. I've checked to see that
VBToolsReferences has Microsoft Word 12.0 Object Library, Microsoft
Office
12.9 Office Library, Microsoft Outlook 12.0 Library and Microsoft Excel
12.0
Object Library checked. Not sure what to do now. Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Glad you got it working.

--

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

What line of code is highlighted when you receive that error
message?

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my