Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jason Saffer Jason Saffer is offline

Default Changing Default Format for New Doc in Word 2007

I'm trying to change the formatting for a new document so that Word 2007
will always open up a new document with the font type, font size, and page
view that I prefer. I'd like to have Word 2007 open new documents with Times
New Roman, 12 font size, and in Draft view (not the Print view). I can't
figure out how to tell Word 2007 to change its default to my preferences.

Can someone walk me through how to do this? Thanks very much.

Jason

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Open the normal.dot template and make the formatting changes that you want
to the normal style and display the template in the view that you want and
then save and close it. It may be necessary to type something into the
template and then delete it before saving it so that Word thinks that it has
really been changed and will save it as you want it.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Jason Saffer" wrote in message
. ..
I'm trying to change the formatting for a new document so that Word 2007
will always open up a new document with the font type, font size, and page
view that I prefer. I'd like to have Word 2007 open new documents with
Times New Roman, 12 font size, and in Draft view (not the Print view). I
can't figure out how to tell Word 2007 to change its default to my
preferences.

Can someone walk me through how to do this? Thanks very much.

Jason

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
akthar shaik akthar shaik is offline

Default To open word in Draft Format

Actually when Word quits, it saves any changes of options which have been made using the "Default..." button to the Normal.DOT which is the Blank Document Word Template. The "Default..." button is available only for a few dialog boxes like, Font, Page Setup etc. If you need to make your application to open with default View, say Outline View. Then You can open Word which opens with a new empty document. Select View-Web Layout. and immediately quit word. This change is saved in Normal.DOT Template. From now onwards every time you open word, it opens in Web Layout View. But remember this is as long as you don't change view to another view of last closing document when quitting Word. We can infer that Word saves the Normal.DOT with the view selected for the last closing document.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com