Mark B

Default How do I email a mail merged document?

Doug, That link leads to one of the most un-well-written explanations I ever
saw.

"set a reference to the Microsoft Office Outlook Object Library from within
the Visual Basic Editor" but with no explanation of hot to get into VBE

"create a separate Catalogue" - what is a catalogue?

I really need to do what is explained in that document, but i can't
unerstand word one, and I am a computer professional. Can you lead me to
something more specific, on how to merge an email so that the merged document
goes to the specific email address within the database file along with a
specific attached file for that specific email address.

Thansk!

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

Use a modification of the method in the article "Mail Merge to E-mail with
Attachments" at

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

You won't need the attachments in the catalog or directory type merge
document, and comment out the lines to do with attachments in the macro.
consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Lindsay" wrote in message
I am trying to email a mail merged document to 130 different contacts. How
do I go about doing this? I want to be sure that each contact only
receives
their letter with their info in it and not the other contacts' info.
Please
help.

Doug Robbins

I am not a computer professional and many people who are not computer
professionals have successfully achieved what they are after by reading that
article. As a computer professional familiar with the abbreviation for the
Visual Basic Editor, one would expect that you would know what it was and
how to access it.

If you read the article you will see that is says "to create a separate
Catalogue (or in Word 2002 and later, Directory) type mail merge main
document", not just "create a separate Catalog" and then goes on to detail
how that main document should be set up.

If that is all foreign to you RTFM.
consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

Use a modification of the method in the article "Mail Merge to E-mail
with
Attachments" at

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

You won't need the attachments in the catalog or directory type merge
document, and comment out the lines to do with attachments in the macro.
interested. Questions sent directly to me will only be answered on a
paid
consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Lindsay" wrote in message
I am trying to email a mail merged document to 130 different contacts.
How
do I go about doing this? I want to be sure that each contact only
receives
their letter with their info in it and not the other contacts' info.
Please
help.

Mitch

Doug,

Thanks for your script, it worked in creating multiple personalized
emails
with attachments, however one problem I come up with is the letter I'm
sending
contains bulleted text and when the script runs it creates the email
w/o any bullets
and converts the font from Times NR to Arial.

I've tried various techniques to modify
the script, for example:
.BODYFormat = (i've tried RTF, Plain text and HTML which is the
default)
copy the text using .HTMLBody instead of .BODY but no sucess

I've even tried creating a docItem instead of a MailItem w/obvius
results

BTW the mailmerge function in WORD 2003 does copy the formatted text
over into Outlook, preserving the bullets and font settings

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Mitch