Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
amy amy is offline

Default Non-breaking minus sign

I have seen in some previous posts that character 2212 is a non-breaking
minus sign, but I can't get this to work. Are you supposed to type ALT+2212?
When I do this all I get is a blank square (I tried using both Times New
Roman and Arial). The minus sign from the numeric keypad is not non-breaking.
I know how to insert a non-breaking hyphen, but I would rather have a minus
sign instead.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You should be able to get character 2212 in both Times New Roman and Arial,
but I doubt that Alt+2212 will insert it. Either use the Insert | Symbol
dialog or type 2212 and press Alt+X.

"Amy" wrote in message
I have seen in some previous posts that character 2212 is a non-breaking
minus sign, but I can't get this to work. Are you supposed to type

ALT+2212?
When I do this all I get is a blank square (I tried using both Times New
Roman and Arial). The minus sign from the numeric keypad is not

non-breaking.
I know how to insert a non-breaking hyphen, but I would rather have a

minus
sign instead.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Or if you want to use Alt, you need to type Alt+8722 (the decimal equivalent
of hex 2212)

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" schreef in bericht
You should be able to get character 2212 in both Times New Roman and
Arial,
but I doubt that Alt+2212 will insert it. Either use the Insert | Symbol
dialog or type 2212 and press Alt+X.

so
all may benefit.

"Amy" wrote in message
I have seen in some previous posts that character 2212 is a non-breaking
minus sign, but I can't get this to work. Are you supposed to type

ALT+2212?
When I do this all I get is a blank square (I tried using both Times New
Roman and Arial). The minus sign from the numeric keypad is not

non-breaking.
I know how to insert a non-breaking hyphen, but I would rather have a

minus
sign instead.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement