BOOKER T

Default LINE SPACING TOO LARGE

WORD IS MY NOW MY EMAIL EDITOR AND I HAVE A PROBLEM. WHEN I TYPE OUT AN
EMAIL, THE SPACING BETWEEN EACH LINE IS LARGE ENOUGH TO PUT 2 MORE LINES IN
THE SPACE. ALSO MY "SIGNATURE" IS SPACED OUT THIS WAY ALSO. I HAVE TRIED ALL
THE SUGGESTIONS I COULD FIND IN THE POSTS CONCERNING ADJUSTING LINE SPACING
IN THE FORMAT/PARAGRAPH MENU. IT JUST DOESN'T WORK. I CAN MAKE THE SPACING
EVEN LARGER, BUT WORD WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO MAKE IT SMALLER. THIS REALLY LOOKS
BAD ON AN EMAIL. AM I MISSING SOMETHING OR HAS THE FUNCTIONALITY OF WORD BEEN
REDUCED IN 2003 JUST AS IT HAS IN OUTLOOK.
Stefan Blom

Are you pressing Enter once to create a new line of text -- and twice
to create a new paragraph? If so, this is the cause of your problem.
Instead, let Word handle the line wrapping (just continue typing!) and
press Enter only once when you need a new paragraph.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"BOOKER T" wrote in message
WORD IS MY NOW MY EMAIL EDITOR AND I HAVE A PROBLEM. WHEN I TYPE OUT

AN
EMAIL, THE SPACING BETWEEN EACH LINE IS LARGE ENOUGH TO PUT 2 MORE

LINES IN
THE SPACE. ALSO MY "SIGNATURE" IS SPACED OUT THIS WAY ALSO. I HAVE

TRIED ALL
THE SUGGESTIONS I COULD FIND IN THE POSTS CONCERNING ADJUSTING LINE

SPACING
IN THE FORMAT/PARAGRAPH MENU. IT JUST DOESN'T WORK. I CAN MAKE THE

SPACING
EVEN LARGER, BUT WORD WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO MAKE IT SMALLER. THIS

REALLY LOOKS
BAD ON AN EMAIL. AM I MISSING SOMETHING OR HAS THE FUNCTIONALITY OF

WORD BEEN
REDUCED IN 2003 JUST AS IT HAS IN OUTLOOK.

BOOKER T

THIS HELPS QUITE A BIT, THANK YOU. BECAUSE OF MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE ON HOW TO
SET UP WORD OR OUTLOOK, I AM USED TO DOING MANY THINGS MANUALLY THAT OTHERS
LET THE PROGRAM HANDLE AUTOMATICALLY. COULD YOU CLARIFY FOR ME WHY I CANT SET
SOMETHING, IN LET'S SAY THE FORMAT MENU, THAT WOULD ALLOW ME TO HAVE THE
ENTER KEY ONLY MOVE ME DOWN ONE LINE.

"BOOKER T" wrote in message
WORD IS MY NOW MY EMAIL EDITOR AND I HAVE A PROBLEM. WHEN I TYPE OUT

AN
EMAIL, THE SPACING BETWEEN EACH LINE IS LARGE ENOUGH TO PUT 2 MORE

LINES IN
THE SPACE. ALSO MY "SIGNATURE" IS SPACED OUT THIS WAY ALSO. I HAVE

TRIED ALL
THE SUGGESTIONS I COULD FIND IN THE POSTS CONCERNING ADJUSTING LINE

SPACING
IN THE FORMAT/PARAGRAPH MENU. IT JUST DOESN'T WORK. I CAN MAKE THE

SPACING
EVEN LARGER, BUT WORD WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO MAKE IT SMALLER. THIS

REALLY LOOKS
BAD ON AN EMAIL. AM I MISSING SOMETHING OR HAS THE FUNCTIONALITY OF

WORD BEEN
REDUCED IN 2003 JUST AS IT HAS IN OUTLOOK.

Please don't type in all caps. It's difficult to read, and in newsgroups
it's interpreted as SHOUTING. When you convert a Word document into HTML
(which is what Rich Text email is), paragraph breaks are converted to two
line breaks, which is why you're getting a blank line.

"BOOKER T" wrote in message
WORD IS MY NOW MY EMAIL EDITOR AND I HAVE A PROBLEM. WHEN I TYPE OUT

AN
EMAIL, THE SPACING BETWEEN EACH LINE IS LARGE ENOUGH TO PUT 2 MORE

LINES IN
THE SPACE. ALSO MY "SIGNATURE" IS SPACED OUT THIS WAY ALSO. I HAVE

TRIED ALL
THE SUGGESTIONS I COULD FIND IN THE POSTS CONCERNING ADJUSTING LINE

SPACING
IN THE FORMAT/PARAGRAPH MENU. IT JUST DOESN'T WORK. I CAN MAKE THE

SPACING
EVEN LARGER, BUT WORD WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO MAKE IT SMALLER. THIS

REALLY LOOKS
BAD ON AN EMAIL. AM I MISSING SOMETHING OR HAS THE FUNCTIONALITY OF

WORD BEEN
REDUCED IN 2003 JUST AS IT HAS IN OUTLOOK.

BOOKER T

That was of zero help. Technical jargon is useless to a person who doesn't
understand it! Maybe I'm the only person who thinks that it looks ridiculous
to have three lines between my name, occupation, and company name in my email
signature. I have never recieved an email that was formatted like this. All I
want to know is how to get rid of the triple spacing between the lines of my
emails, especially my signature. The reply from Stefan Blom helped me reduce
the space between my lines, but the spacing was still too large especially on
my signature. I don't need to be derided because I am a "newby" to news
groups, I need assistance with a real issue. Please, only reply if you can
give me useful information, such as the reply from Mr. Blom.

"BOOKER T" wrote in message
WORD IS MY NOW MY EMAIL EDITOR AND I HAVE A PROBLEM. WHEN I TYPE OUT
AN
EMAIL, THE SPACING BETWEEN EACH LINE IS LARGE ENOUGH TO PUT 2 MORE
LINES IN
THE SPACE. ALSO MY "SIGNATURE" IS SPACED OUT THIS WAY ALSO. I HAVE
TRIED ALL
THE SUGGESTIONS I COULD FIND IN THE POSTS CONCERNING ADJUSTING LINE
SPACING
IN THE FORMAT/PARAGRAPH MENU. IT JUST DOESN'T WORK. I CAN MAKE THE
SPACING
EVEN LARGER, BUT WORD WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO MAKE IT SMALLER. THIS
REALLY LOOKS
BAD ON AN EMAIL. AM I MISSING SOMETHING OR HAS THE FUNCTIONALITY OF
WORD BEEN
REDUCED IN 2003 JUST AS IT HAS IN OUTLOOK.

Without knowing more about how you're creating your email I can't help with
that, but I would be interested to know what in my answer your interpreted
as derision and what words you consider "technical jargon."

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Please don't type in all caps. It's difficult to read, and in newsgroups
it's interpreted as SHOUTING. When you convert a Word document into HTML
(which is what Rich Text email is), paragraph breaks are converted to

two
line breaks, which is why you're getting a blank line.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"BOOKER T" wrote in message
WORD IS MY NOW MY EMAIL EDITOR AND I HAVE A PROBLEM. WHEN I TYPE

OUT
AN
EMAIL, THE SPACING BETWEEN EACH LINE IS LARGE ENOUGH TO PUT 2 MORE
LINES IN
THE SPACE. ALSO MY "SIGNATURE" IS SPACED OUT THIS WAY ALSO. I HAVE
TRIED ALL
THE SUGGESTIONS I COULD FIND IN THE POSTS CONCERNING ADJUSTING

LINE
SPACING
IN THE FORMAT/PARAGRAPH MENU. IT JUST DOESN'T WORK. I CAN MAKE THE
SPACING
EVEN LARGER, BUT WORD WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO MAKE IT SMALLER. THIS
REALLY LOOKS
BAD ON AN EMAIL. AM I MISSING SOMETHING OR HAS THE FUNCTIONALITY

OF
WORD BEEN
REDUCED IN 2003 JUST AS IT HAS IN OUTLOOK.

BOOKER T

I open outlook. I click new. Outlook opens word as my email editor. I click
on the "options" down arrow in one of the toolbars. I click on "email
signature". I create a signature.When I go to compose a new email, the
signature has 2 or 3 lines of space in between the lines of text. I recieve
email all day and I have never seen one formatted in this way. To me it looks
bad. To someone that barely understands how to use word, "rich text" and
"html" , "line breaks" and "paragraph breaks" sound like technical jargon,
especially when none of that really helps me solve the issue at hand.