Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Greg Greg is offline

Default Headers on unique pages

Hi,
I would like to know if there is a way to have headers on separate pages in
Word 2007. Right now I have a 10 page document, and I only want the headers
to show up on pages 5-9 (I want no headers on pages 1-4 or 10). But I can't
seem to figure out how to delete them on those other pages.

At the same time, and maybe I will have to open this question up in a
separate post, but I figure I will throw it out there, I also have a problem
with page numbers and footers. I want to get the page numbers to start on the
3rd page - I remember there was a way to do this in 2003, but I can't seem to
find it in 2007. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Greg
--
Greg Gardner
IT Systems Engineer
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DeanH DeanH is offline

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm for details
on how to do different Headers and Footers, etc. in one document.
Specifically the unlikning of the Headers/Footers from previous.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Greg" wrote:

Hi,
I would like to know if there is a way to have headers on separate pages in
Word 2007. Right now I have a 10 page document, and I only want the headers
to show up on pages 5-9 (I want no headers on pages 1-4 or 10). But I can't
seem to figure out how to delete them on those other pages.

At the same time, and maybe I will have to open this question up in a
separate post, but I figure I will throw it out there, I also have a problem
with page numbers and footers. I want to get the page numbers to start on the
3rd page - I remember there was a way to do this in 2003, but I can't seem to
find it in 2007. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Greg
--
Greg Gardner
IT Systems Engineer

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Greg Greg is offline

Dean,
unfortunately, this article applies to 2004 versions and earlier and I am
using 2007, so I cannot see how to replicate the solution it recommends - any
other thoughts?
Thank you very much!
Greg

--
Greg Gardner
IT Systems Engineer

"Greg" wrote:

Hi,
I would like to know if there is a way to have headers on separate pages in
Word 2007. Right now I have a 10 page document, and I only want the headers
to show up on pages 5-9 (I want no headers on pages 1-4 or 10). But I can't
seem to figure out how to delete them on those other pages.

At the same time, and maybe I will have to open this question up in a
separate post, but I figure I will throw it out there, I also have a problem
with page numbers and footers. I want to get the page numbers to start on the
3rd page - I remember there was a way to do this in 2003, but I can't seem to
find it in 2007. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Greg
--
Greg Gardner
IT Systems Engineer

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DeanH DeanH is offline

I am on 2003, but I understadn that the concept of what is illustrated in the
article will work in 2007. The essence is to unlink the Header/Footer from
previous so you can have different Headers and page numbering across the
sections.
What do you see when you are in the Header/Footer mode? Anything that looks
like The Link icon as illustrated? What does Help show when you earch for
"Same as Previous" or "Link to Previous?"
DeanH

"Greg" wrote:

Hi,
I would like to know if there is a way to have headers on separate pages in
Word 2007. Right now I have a 10 page document, and I only want the headers
to show up on pages 5-9 (I want no headers on pages 1-4 or 10). But I can't
seem to figure out how to delete them on those other pages.

At the same time, and maybe I will have to open this question up in a
separate post, but I figure I will throw it out there, I also have a problem
with page numbers and footers. I want to get the page numbers to start on the
3rd page - I remember there was a way to do this in 2003, but I can't seem to
find it in 2007. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Greg
--
Greg Gardner
IT Systems Engineer

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DeanH DeanH is offline

Check out
http://office.microsoft.com/training...RC102395081033

"Greg" wrote:

Hi,
I would like to know if there is a way to have headers on separate pages in
Word 2007. Right now I have a 10 page document, and I only want the headers
to show up on pages 5-9 (I want no headers on pages 1-4 or 10). But I can't
seem to figure out how to delete them on those other pages.

At the same time, and maybe I will have to open this question up in a
separate post, but I figure I will throw it out there, I also have a problem
with page numbers and footers. I want to get the page numbers to start on the
3rd page - I remember there was a way to do this in 2003, but I can't seem to
find it in 2007. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Greg
--
Greg Gardner
IT Systems Engineer

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The keyboard shortcut for inserting a next-page section break in
Word 2003 (that is, Alt+I,B,Alt+N ) also works in Word 2007. Or
in Word 2007, click on Page Layout | Breaks: Next Page.

Word 2007 doesn't have the same Header/Footer toolbar that Word
2003 does, but you'll find the same commands on the Word 2007
Ribbon when you click on Insert | Header | Edit Header.

Greg wrote:

Dean,
unfortunately, this article applies to 2004 versions and earlier and I am
using 2007, so I cannot see how to replicate the solution it recommends - any
other thoughts?
Thank you very much!
Greg

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Greg Greg is offline

Thanks Guys - I now have the headers, footers, and page numbers exactly as I
want them.
Much appreciated and obliged to all! :-)
Greg

--
Greg Gardner
Account Executive