Multiplying cell values from different tables MS Word 2003

Old August 31st 09, 12:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Shameer A U

Default Multiplying cell values from different tables MS Word 2003

Hi,

I am not a regular user of Word and I am very new to Word programming. I am
required to modify an existing word 2003 template. The template has two
tables - table 1 has a column for item names and another column for quantites
(this table has a few other columns too). table 2 has a column for items and
another column for unit price of items. The requirement is - when a user
enters a quantity against an item in table 1, Word should multiply this value
with the unit price in table 2 and put the result in another column in table
one. Could anyone kindly suggest the best way to achive this?

Thanks in advance
Shameer