Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fear Fear is offline

Default How do you type the syble for degrees (temperature) in Word?

I am trying to figure out how to type the little circle thing that stands for
"degrees". Does anyone know how to do this in Microsoft Word?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Ctrl+Shift+2, followed by a space. Or... Alt+0176.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
"Fear" wrote in message
I am trying to figure out how to type the little circle thing that stands
for
"degrees". Does anyone know how to do this in Microsoft Word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

I think it should be Alt+Ctrl+2 followed by a space (instead of Ctrl+Shift+2
followed by a space).

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"Fear" wrote in message
I am trying to figure out how to type the little circle thing that stands
for
"degrees". Does anyone know how to do this in Microsoft Word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

OK €“ it works differently here. I have a Danish keyboard and Word 2003
(English). Alt+Ctrl+2 followed by a space works here and is also listed in
Insert Symbol as the default shortcut for the degree sign. However, if I
check the assignments of keyboard shortcuts in Tools Customize Keyboard,
Alt+Ctrl+2 is listed as being assigned to ApplyHeading2 but it does not work.
The behaviour you experience seems more reasonable but does not work here.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"Fear" wrote in message
I am trying to figure out how to type the little circle thing that
stands
for
"degrees". Does anyone know how to do this in Microsoft Word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are you sure you didn't reassign Alt+Ctrl+2 to the degree symbol? I can't
imagine why the built-in command would be different, though, FWIW, on US
keyboards Shift+2 is @ (which I guess someone would look enough like a
degree symbol to be mnemonic), whereas on UK/international keyboards I
believe that combination gives you an apostrophe or something.