Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chris Chris is offline

Default Document Map Format Issue

I have a large document that has about 230 pages in it. As I built the
document I would use the document map pane to help manage the document. As
the document grew in size, I started to have problems with Document Map. If
the Doc Map window was open when I attempted to open the my document, the
document map would not contain the proper information with respect to my
headings. All text in the doc map window is left justtified and it appears
to be randomly including test in the document map that are not designated
header styles. If I closed the doc map window then closed word, then
reopened Word, reopened my document and then opened the doc map window AFTER
the document was fully loaded into word, the DOC MAP would appear and
function correctly. Now the doc map is not formatting properly at all no
matter what I do.

Any ideas.