Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Silverrand Silverrand is offline

Default Selecting Text in Word 2007

I've been selecting text without a problem for years using the left mouse
button. Recently, after an update, when I select text, nothing happens but I
get an icon that looks like an old cassette tape next to the pointer. Can
anyone tell me how to select text now? Thanks very much.
--
Judy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 04:57:01 -0800, Silverrand
wrote:

I've been selecting text without a problem for years using the left mouse
button. Recently, after an update, when I select text, nothing happens but I
get an icon that looks like an old cassette tape next to the pointer. Can
anyone tell me how to select text now? Thanks very much.

The method of selecting text with the mouse hasn't changed at all.

The cassette icon means you have the macro recorder turned on
(although I don't know how that could happen without you seeing a
dialog asking for the macro's name).

Look at the status bar at the bottom of the Word window. Do you see a
blue square that, when you hover the mouse on it, shows the message "A
macro is currently recording. Click to stop recording"? If so, click
that square.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Silverrand Silverrand is offline

Thanks very much. I was trying to learn how to use macros the other day and
apparently never turned it off. Guess I have a lot to learn...
Judy

--
Judy

.