Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jac Jac is offline

Default uploading Word html doc to website

I have created a web page using Word 2003, and saved it as a web page. But, I
can't find what files I need to upload to my server so that the page will
open. I uploaded the HTM doc, and the folder containing the pictures (Word
created this folder when I saved). I know all of the files are in my server
directory, but when I try to open it, I don't get any of the pictures, just
the red X boxes. How can I fix this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cmart02 cmart02 is offline

Jac

See follow-up hehttp://www.msofficegurus.com/forum/f...osts.asp?TID=4
--
Regards
Robert
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Don Don is offline

?B?SmFj?= wrote in
:

I have created a web page using Word 2003, and saved it as a web page.
But, I can't find what files I need to upload to my server so that the
page will open. I uploaded the HTM doc, and the folder containing the
pictures (Word created this folder when I saved). I know all of the
files are in my server directory, but when I try to open it, I don't
get any of the pictures, just the red X boxes. How can I fix this?

Word by default takes images added to the Doc/web page and inserts them
in a supplemental folder which also needs uploading.

It's a bad practice by MS-Word.
Word also has configureable web options to turn this function off.

The solution is to duplicate your website folder structure on your local
machine and place your images into an image folder (rather than My
Docuemts) and create your Word-web page from that duplicated folder
structure.

Then upload your images into your website image folder (which you use
for more that this newly created web page) and then upload your html
file.

These are primary undertandings of web site paths which Ms-Word does not
expand because it was never intended to be used as a tool to create
harmonious websites.