Secretary short on time.

Default How do you view only footnotes and/or make a list of footnotes?

We have a very large document that also has many appendices which are being
added from many differents sources. Some of the footnotes are causing
trouble for us. We would like to either make a list of footnotes (with page
numbers if possible) and / or just view the footnotes with out viewing the
rest of the document as a distraction.

The main cause of our problems is the fact that many of the documents being
included are from a third source who insists on using outline, and other
styles incorrectly, we have to then reformat everything and every word in
their documents. Help, how can we save time and our old eyes and make life
easier? Thank you.

In Normal view, choose View | Footnotes. This will open the footnote pane,
where you can view the footnotes continuously. You can also select them and
copy/paste into another document for printing if desired.

"Secretary short on time." Secretary short on
wrote in message
We have a very large document that also has many appendices which are

being
added from many differents sources. Some of the footnotes are causing
trouble for us. We would like to either make a list of footnotes (with

page
numbers if possible) and / or just view the footnotes with out viewing the
rest of the document as a distraction.

The main cause of our problems is the fact that many of the documents

being
included are from a third source who insists on using outline, and other
styles incorrectly, we have to then reformat everything and every word in
their documents. Help, how can we save time and our old eyes and make

life
easier? Thank you.

Larry

You can also expand the footnotes pane so that the main part of the
document takes up less of the Word window.

Larry