Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stan Stan is offline

Default Delete characters

Using Word 2003. I have a 5 page document where the characters ## are
repeated many times and I would like to delete them. I tried using Auto
Correct with the Replace feature but am probably not doing it right. I
select the entire document and then type ## in the Replace field and leave
the With field blank. Apparently this is not the right procedure. What
should I do?
Stan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stan Stan is offline

Solved my problem by using Find to highlight the characters and then hitting
Delete. Sorry for earlier posting.
Stan

"Stan" wrote in message
Using Word 2003. I have a 5 page document where the characters ## are
repeated many times and I would like to delete them. I tried using Auto
Correct with the Replace feature but am probably not doing it right. I
select the entire document and then type ## in the Replace field and
leave the With field blank. Apparently this is not the right procedure.
What should I do?
Stan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

Stan,

Using the "Edit" menu. Click on Replace. Type ## in find what, leave
replace with blank. Press replace all.