Rudy1

Default Can I freeze the size and format of table cells then type in the .

I want to create a table then freeze the size of the cell and the formatting
of it and then be able to type in the cells. When they are full it should
stop taking input.

Girish

Hi,
Your input is useful to me. However, I could not locate the option "turn off
auto
resizing". Will you able to help?
In fact the problem i recetly posted is "how to disable changes in column
width".
I will be thankful for reply.
Girish

"Rudy1" wrote in message
I want to create a table then freeze the size of the cell and the

formatting
of it and then be able to type in the cells. When they are full it should
stop taking input.

Doug Robbins

From the Tables menu, select Table Properties, then on the Tables tab of the
dialog, click on the Options button and you will see it.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You can set an exact row height and preferred column width and turn off
auto
resizing.

so
all may benefit.

"Rudy1" wrote in message
I want to create a table then freeze the size of the cell and the

formatting
of it and then be able to type in the cells. When they are full it
should
stop taking input.

Andy_P

I've unprotected the table, found the auto-resize tickbox but it was
arready off. If I re-protect the table, I can still type into any "text
input" cell, add as many line returns as I like and the cell just keeps
growing. This can ruin the whole layout. Can it be stopped?
(Using Word 2002 (10.2627.2625))

From the Tables menu, select Table Properties, then on the Tables tab of the

-- Please respond to the Newsgroup for the benefit of others who may be interested. Questions sent directly to me will only be answered on a paid consulting basis. Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP "Girish" wrote in message ...

"Rudy1" wrote in message

I want to create a table then freeze the size of the cell and the

formatting

of it and then be able to type in the cells. When they are full it
should
stop taking input.

You must set an exact row height and column width. Users will still be able
to press Enter, but most will get the message when their input starts to
disappear. Or see "WD: How to Code ENTER Key to Move to Next Field in Form"
at http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=211219

"Andy_P" wrote in message
I've unprotected the table, found the auto-resize tickbox but it was
arready off. If I re-protect the table, I can still type into any "text
input" cell, add as many line returns as I like and the cell just keeps
growing. This can ruin the whole layout. Can it be stopped?
(Using Word 2002 (10.2627.2625))

From the Tables menu, select Table Properties, then on the Tables tab of

the

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You can set an exact row height and preferred column width and turn

off
auto
resizing.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Rudy1" wrote in message

I want to create a table then freeze the size of the cell and the

formatting

of it and then be able to type in the cells. When they are full

it
should
stop taking input.

Stefan Blom

The "Automatically resize..." option only affects the *widths* of
cells.

To specify exact values of row heights, do the following: Select the
row(s). On the Table menu, click Table Properties. Click the Row tab.
Select "Specify height", make sure "Row height" is set to "Exactly"
and then type the desired value.

--
Stefan Blom

"Andy_P" wrote in message
I've unprotected the table, found the auto-resize tickbox but it was
arready off. If I re-protect the table, I can still type into any

"text
input" cell, add as many line returns as I like and the cell just

keeps
growing. This can ruin the whole layout. Can it be stopped?
(Using Word 2002 (10.2627.2625))

From the Tables menu, select Table Properties, then on the Tables

tab of the

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You can set an exact row height and preferred column width and

turn off
auto
resizing.

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to

the newsgroup
so
all may benefit.