Chris Mitchell

Default Print Preview intermittently deletes the bottom third of every pag

In Word 2003 and earlier versions, about once a month or so, a document will
print out without the bottom third of each page. If I examine it in Preview,
the text is still missing. It's as if the bottom margin has jumped up the
page destructively, without text flowing to the next page. If I examine the
document outside of Print Preview, it's fine. Closing Word may fix it,
re-booting may fix it, but not always.

Has anyone seen this? Or is Word just trying to get me put away?

Chris M
Jay Freedman

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 15:48:02 -0700, "Chris Mitchell"
wrote:

In Word 2003 and earlier versions, about once a month or so, a document will
print out without the bottom third of each page. If I examine it in Preview,
the text is still missing. It's as if the bottom margin has jumped up the
page destructively, without text flowing to the next page. If I examine the
document outside of Print Preview, it's fine. Closing Word may fix it,
re-booting may fix it, but not always.

Has anyone seen this? Or is Word just trying to get me put away?

Chris M

Hi Chris,

It's an issue in the printer driver. If the bottom margin is 2.67" and
this is an HP LaserJet, try one of the
"margin fix" drivers from http://www.hp.com/pond/ljbeta/index.html

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Chris Mitchell

Default Print Preview intermittently deletes the bottom third of every

It is indeed a Laserjet, so I'll patch forthwith.

Many thanks,

Chris M

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Look again, a little over a third of the way down the page and there is a
group of drivers under the heading "Word Margins Fix"

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"OleNelson" wrote in message
This is exactly my problem - but there are no "margin fix" drivers on that
website ...

Thanks!

Hi Chris,

It's an issue in the printer driver. If the bottom margin is 2.67" and
this is an HP LaserJet, try one of the
"margin fix" drivers from http://www.hp.com/pond/ljbeta/index.html

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Why don't you open the link and have a look!?

OleNelson wrote:
Is there a fix for the HP 4000?

Thanks!