Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Angelia

Default tool options grayed out

I just updated my computer to Microsoft Office Professional 2003, and now
when I try to print envelopes or even do a word count under the tools options
everything is grayed out. Is something wrong with the software?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?QW5nZWxpYQ==?=,

I just updated my computer to Microsoft Office Professional 2003, and now
when I try to print envelopes or even do a word count under the tools options
everything is grayed out. Is something wrong with the software?

Well, this isn't normal/usual, that's certain.

If you hold Ctrl when starting Word, do these menu commands become enabled?

If yes, then probably the DATA key in the Registry has been damaged. You'll find
an article on word.mvps.org about resetting user options that explains how to
remove the key so that Word can recreate it with the default settings. Try that
and see if things settle down.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org