hillr5

Default Can't open a file in word 2002 unless I open it in word pad.

When I open word and attempt to open a file from Documents I ge a message
that says this shortcut does not exist but I can open it using Word Pad. I
haven't changed anything and it has worked fine in the past just recently
started to do this.
Shauna Kelly

Hi

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by opening a file "from Documents".
But if you can open the file in WordPad, then it must exist. Try File
Open. Navigate to where the document is and open it from there.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"hillr5" wrote in message
When I open word and attempt to open a file from Documents I ge a message
that says this shortcut does not exist but I can open it using Word Pad. I
haven't changed anything and it has worked fine in the past just recently
started to do this.

Graham Mayor

See if re-registering Word will fix it -

How to re-register Word when problems crop up opening files
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ReRegisterWord.htm

Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
how to convert wordperfect 5.0 floppy files to word pcoelho Microsoft Word Help 2 February 17th 05 06:55 PM