Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
scottsanders scottsanders is offline

Default how to setup a letterhead that does not print

I have had some letter heads professionally printed with my logo up the top
right hand corner about 7x9cms with contact details below it. I want to setup
a word template that doesn't show's the letterhead and wraps accordingly, but
can't have it print over top of my preprinted stationary.

My only solution I can find so far is to make "Drawing Elements" not printed
through Preferences, but this means that I have to keep changing it if I want
a drawing element, and if I want to include a drawing element on my letter,
such as a graph, it won't print.

To save you time, I don't need any help is using images or drawing elements
or positioning or anything like that. I just need to know how to make it one
element "not printable"

Thanks.

I am using Office for Mac 2004, but think a generic office solution should
suffice.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com is offline

Anchor a textbox in the header of the document and set its size and
textwrapping such that the text does not overlap your pre-printed
letterhead.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"scottsanders" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
scottsanders scottsanders is offline

Thanks for your comments Doug, but that's not quite what I am after. In
essence, I would love the option to be able to make my document look like my
letter head, without it printing the same letter head on top of my preprinted
letter head. It would be great if there was something like a stationary
option where I could just choose an A4 sized image I'd made (to look like my
A4 stationary) and set it as the document background, but that background
wouldn't print. Does this option exists? Some people may be thinking its not
necessary, and your solution is what I'd already setup, but I would like to
be able to have it look like the actual A4 stationary letterhead I use, not
just work when I print it. Does this make sense?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsof" wrote:

Anchor a textbox in the header of the document and set its size and
textwrapping such that the text does not overlap your pre-printed
letterhead.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The only answer if you want to have only some graphics and text printed is
to format the unwanted graphics and text as white colour (in the case of the
graphics this means adjusting the brightness to 100%). You could then use
vba intercept the print routine to toggle the display, print the document
then toggle it back again. or run the macro from a toolbar button in the
template The exact code will rather depend on your template, your printer
and what exactly is in the header(s) that you want to hide, but the
following should give you a start. Note that the macro only affects the
header (the first page header if it exists). If you want to hide footers,
you will have to treat them separately.

Sub PrintLetter()
Dim oHeader As Range
Dim i As Long
If ActiveDocument.Sections(1).Headers(wdHeaderFooterF irstPage).Exists Then
Set oHeader =
ActiveDocument.Sections(1).Headers(wdHeaderFooterF irstPage).Range
Else
Set oHeader =
ActiveDocument.Sections(1).Headers(wdHeaderFooterP rimary).Range
End If
With oHeader
.Font.Color = wdColorWhite
For i = .ShapeRange.Count To 1 Step -1
If .ShapeRange(i).Type = msoAutoShape Then
.ShapeRange(i).Fill.Visible = msoFalse
Else
.ShapeRange(i).PictureFormat.Brightness = 1#
End If
Next i
For i = .InlineShapes.Count To 1 Step -1
.InlineShapes(i).PictureFormat.Brightness = 1#
Next i
End With
ActiveDocument.PrintOut
With oHeader
.Font.Color = wdColorAutomatic
For i = .ShapeRange.Count To 1 Step -1
If .ShapeRange(i).Type = msoAutoShape Then
.ShapeRange(i).Fill.Visible = msoTrue
Else
.ShapeRange(i).PictureFormat.Brightness = 0.5
End If
Next i
For i = .InlineShapes.Count To 1 Step -1
.InlineShapes(i).PictureFormat.Brightness = 0.5
Next i
End With
End Sub

scottsanders wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com is offline

If you have your logo inserted by means of an { INCLUDEPICTURE
"Path//Filename" } field and you select it and insert a bookmark named logo,
you can use the following code in a macro to toggle the display of the logo
on and off

With ActiveDocument
If .Bookmarks.Exists("Logo") Then
With .Bookmarks("Logo").Range.Font
If .Hidden = True Then
.Hidden = False
ActiveWindow.View.ShowHiddenText = True
Else
.Hidden = True
ActiveWindow.View.ShowHiddenText = False
End If
End With
Else
Exit Sub
End If
End With

The best thing to do is put this code in template that you save into the
Word Startup folder and add a toolbar to that template with a button on it
to run the macro. When you do that, the button/macro will be available for
use on all documents that contain such a bookmarked IncludePicture field.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
TedMi[_2_] TedMi[_2_] is offline

A non-VBA option that uses view and print option settings to toggle graphic
printing is described he
www.mirecki.us/computing See the link Hiding / printing graphics
-TedMi