Robert

Default Variable length text (paragraph) in a cell

I'm using a document template with single line rows/cells. This format works
for the majority of the cells. However, some of the cells require paragraph
text entries. I'd like to configure the document/template to automatically
add additional rows inside a cell as the paragraph lengthens? I want to be
able to keep typing and not have to continually stop to manually add new rows
at the end of each line. Is there a way to do this? It would save me WORLDS
of time!!!

Robert

Hi Suzanne - Thanks for responding to my question. I somehow managed to
achieve what I wanted to, but I'm not exactly sure what I did. I have several
columns of cells, and tried entering paragraph text in some of them without
changin the entire row height. The successive lines disappeared below the
grid. And, I couldn't figure out a way to see the contents of the cell (like
in an Excel cell), without manually moving the grid line.

I found that if I merge two or more cells, the contents of all the text in
the original cell becomes visible in the entire new cell. And, if I continue
typing in this new cell, the text wraps from line to line, and extends the
height of the new cell if I run out of room. However, I see the current
row/cell height in the table properties for that cell/row.

How do I make the cells/rows have no specified height?

-Robert

"Robert" wrote in message
I'm using a document template with single line rows/cells. This format

works
for the majority of the cells. However, some of the cells require

paragraph
text entries. I'd like to configure the document/template to automatically
add additional rows inside a cell as the paragraph lengthens? I want to be
able to keep typing and not have to continually stop to manually add new

rows
at the end of each line. Is there a way to do this? It would save me

WORLDS
of time!!!

If this is Word 2000 or above, on the Row tab of Table Properties, just
remove the check by "Specify height." In earlier versions, choose Auto in
the Cell Height and Width dialog.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Table cells not set to an exact row height will expand automatically to
accommodate the amount of text typed in them. There is no need for
additional rows.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.