Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom Kreutz Tom Kreutz is offline

Default Table grid lines in Word 2007

Have Table grid lines been removed in Word 2007? In Word 2003, one
could toggle them on and off. Is there a way to do this in Word 2007?
(I don't want to add lines around ALL cells because I'm trying to
precisely add borders to only certain cells within the table.)

Many thanks, Tom Kreutz

P.S. If there is a better/different group to whom I should have sent
this query, I'd appreciate knowing it. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Luc Luc is offline

Tom,
You can find it he
Click in table, Table Tools | Layout | Table group | Show Gridlines

--
Luc Sanders
MVP - PowerPoint
Have Table grid lines been removed in Word 2007? In Word 2003, one
could toggle them on and off. Is there a way to do this in Word 2007? (I
don't want to add lines around ALL cells because I'm trying to precisely
add borders to only certain cells within the table.)

Many thanks, Tom Kreutz

P.S. If there is a better/different group to whom I should have sent this
query, I'd appreciate knowing it. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sue O'Donnell Sue O'Donnell is offline

Tom,

Maybe what you are asking is how to change the borders on table cells
without having to go into the format menu. If this is the case, you can add
the border tool by going to View-Toolbars-Tables and Borders. This will open
the toolbar and you can drag it to your toolbar row so it is there whenever
you have Word open.

"Luc" wrote:

Tom,
You can find it he
Click in table, Table Tools | Layout | Table group | Show Gridlines

--
Luc Sanders
MVP - PowerPoint
"Tom Kreutz" schreef in bericht
Have Table grid lines been removed in Word 2007? In Word 2003, one
could toggle them on and off. Is there a way to do this in Word 2007? (I
don't want to add lines around ALL cells because I'm trying to precisely
add borders to only certain cells within the table.)

Many thanks, Tom Kreutz

P.S. If there is a better/different group to whom I should have sent this
query, I'd appreciate knowing it. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom Kreutz Tom Kreutz is offline

Dear Luc,

Thanks very much for your help. It is exactly what I needed!

(I suppose there is no point in my foaming at the mouth about how
frustrating it is to find this stuff in Word 2007...)

Tom

Luc wrote:
Tom,
You can find it he
Click in table, Table Tools | Layout | Table group | Show Gridlines

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

No point at all, I'm afraid. Everyone who has adopted Word 2007 feels your
pain. I'm told it gets better if you keep at it.

Luc wrote:
Tom,
You can find it he
Click in table, Table Tools | Layout | Table group | Show Gridlines

Cannot hide grid lines in a table. LB Tables 1 May 19th 07 11:56 PM
Table grid lines applejack Tables 2 September 2nd 06 07:52 PM
(Mis)alignment of drawing layer grid lines and table borders [email protected] Page Layout 3 April 26th 06 06:09 PM
How to get vertical lines to print on grid table? Dog lover Tables 2 March 5th 06 05:48 PM
How do I print grid lines in a Word Table? CCorn Tables 2 November 9th 05 03:36 PM