Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
FrankSpokane FrankSpokane is offline

Default Word 2003 MP3 question - want file to play on the web

I can embed mp3's in a word file and email the document to someone and it
will play on their computer ok.

But is there a way to embed a mp3 file in a word document, and then save it
as an .html file, so I could put it on the web for access ?

I have tried it two times with no luck - embedding the file as an object,
and inserting the mp3 as a file - but after I save it to .html it loses the
mp3 file.

Thanks for all replies
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hello Frank

FrankSpokane wrote:
I can embed mp3's in a word file and email the document to someone and it
will play on their computer ok.

But is there a way to embed a mp3 file in a word document, and then save it
as an .html file, so I could put it on the web for access ?

I have tried it two times with no luck - embedding the file as an object,
and inserting the mp3 as a file - but after I save it to .html it loses the
mp3 file.

ordinary HTML does not have a way to hold "objects" (not even pictures).
Word usually saves every referenced material in a folder with the same
name as the file name when you choose to save as HTML.

The only way it _might_ work is when you save as a MHT file (web page in
one file).

Other than that, you'll need to edit the HTML code manually to insert a
reference to the MP3 file, and put both the HTML and MP3 file in the
correct location on your webspace.

0.2cents
Robert
--