Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Studebaker Studebaker is offline

Default TOC does not hyperlink the RD Fields

I was creating a table of contents (TOC) spanning multiple docs using RD
fields per http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/P...cle.asp?ID=148

My TOC came out OK but when I put my cursor on the entries in the TOC that
were from my other documents I was not able to CTRL-click to go to that those
entries in the other documents. I did not even get the screen tip that says I
can CTRL-click to go to those entries.

Is that normal for entries in the TOC that appear b/c of using RD fields?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Yes, when using RD fields you won't get hyperlinked TOC entries.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Studebaker" wrote in message
I was creating a table of contents (TOC) spanning multiple docs using RD
fields per

My TOC came out OK but when I put my cursor on the entries in the TOC that
were from my other documents I was not able to CTRL-click to go to that
those
entries in the other documents. I did not even get the screen tip that
says I
can CTRL-click to go to those entries.

Is that normal for entries in the TOC that appear b/c of using RD fields?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carrie Carrie is offline

This is exactly what I ran into! Is there a way to use RD codes and get the
main TOC to link? I need to have a master TOC for about 15 documents but need
it to link too - Please HELP!!! Thanks - Carrie