Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default unwanted solid block line completely covers text?

I have posted the following on another Msft Word site, now knowing
where it should be posted.
Have a question that I need info on quickly.

I have re-installed Msft Word 2002 on a system using Win 98 Second
edition.

Whenever I start type text on a blank screen, a solid large black line
apppears completely covering the text and making the text not visible.
..

What can I do to prevent this from happening?

Aaron

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Dear Garfield: thank's for your reply! I did go to the cited web
site and it did describe the problem exactly. Unfortunately, with the
older computer system and Windows 98SE, was not able to install correct
monitor and video adapter on the system. Will be switching monitors
and hopefully that will solve problem. Thank you again for the needed
info! Aaron

garfield-n-odie [MVP] wrote:
See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=303507 "Black bar appears
across the page when you type text in Word 2002".

.

What can I do to prevent this from happening?

Aaron

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I would have hoped so, but after going to the SETTINGS menu, the
highest color #'s I could set to was only 16 colors. The only other
alternative was two colors (B&W). Not good.
Thank's for suggestion. If you have others, I'll listen. Best, Aaron

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Must be a truly ancient display! Can you update the driver from the
manufacturer's Web site?

wrote in message
oups.com...
I would have hoped so, but after going to the SETTINGS menu, the
highest color #'s I could set to was only 16 colors. The only other
alternative was two colors (B&W). Not good.
Thank's for suggestion. If you have others, I'll listen. Best, Aaron

Creating dynamic cross reference links in a Word document torajudo Microsoft Word Help 5 April 27th 23 08:57 PM
Bottom text line of each page has unwanted space that I can not r. tdj Microsoft Word Help 1 March 9th 05 04:09 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
Disable locks on text in text block tool? Joan Ramsay Microsoft Word Help 1 December 25th 04 02:22 AM