Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
jenn jenn is offline

Default only odd numbers show

one of my users has changed something and now when she puts in pages numbers
# of #'s only the odd number pages get numbered... 1 of 3, 3 of 3... how do
I reset this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
StevenM[_2_] StevenM[_2_] is offline

To: Jenn,

Go to the header/footer menu bar (just double-click on your header/footer).
Click on the "Page Setup" icon (it looks like a book).
Is "Different Odd and Even" checked? If so, uncheck it and that should solve
your problem.

Steven Craig Miller

"jenn" wrote:

one of my users has changed something and now when she puts in pages numbers
# of #'s only the odd number pages get numbered... 1 of 3, 3 of 3... how do
I reset this?

unomroman unomroman is offline
Junior Member

Hello,

When selecting different odd and even pages, you'll have to separately insert page numbers in both footers of even and odd pages.

Go to an even page, select the footer,

On the left side of the toolbar click on page numbers and insert them.

Go to an odd page, select the footer,

On the left side of the toolbar click on page numbers and insert them.

Then you'll have continuous page numbers in the whole document.

I hope it will help