Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Phil[_6_] Phil[_6_] is offline

Default Blanket changes in Word

My company is moving and I have 300+ files with the old address on
them. Is there a way to do a 'blanket replace?' Or do I have to
change each file individually?

Phil
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You *may* be able to do a batch replace
http://www.gmayor.com/batch_replace.htm. How successful it will be rather
depends on the documents and how the address is entered in them, whether
they are password protected or all based on different templates.

Phil wrote:
My company is moving and I have 300+ files with the old address on
them. Is there a way to do a 'blanket replace?' Or do I have to
change each file individually?

Phil

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brian Brian is offline

May I suggest you try replacing the 1st line of the address using the batch
replace as a trial.

Are the address lines allocated a style of their own; which will make it
easier.

I have found the tool extremely useful overthe last few years and, as usual,
am grateful those here who make our lives easier.

Hope it solves your issues,
--
Brian McCaffery

Phil wrote:
My company is moving and I have 300+ files with the old address on
them. Is there a way to do a 'blanket replace?' Or do I have to
change each file individually?

Phil

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm guessing most of these old files should retain the old address (the
address that was in force when they were created). What you really want to
update is the templates used to create new documents. See these articles:

How to Find & ReplaceAll on a Batch of Documents in the Same Folder
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/BatchFR.htm
Replace text on a batch of files
http://www.gmayor.com/batch_replace.htm
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/VBA_Find_And_Replace.htm