Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kaja Kaja is offline

Default Word compatibility issue

Hi, I would really appreciate it if you could check the compatibility of Word
2000 and IE 7. I have had Word 2000 and used it with IE 6 with no issues. I
recently upgraded to IE 7 and I went to one of my pieces of mail my Yahoo
mail and copied some text to the clipboard and went to paste it on a blank
Word dcument. It would not paste. The cursor turned into an hourglass and
froze up. So I hit CTRL+ALT+DEL and end task on word. I did this twice and
the problem persisted. Any help would be appreciated.
Sincerely,
Kaja Sanvean

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm which will be
needed to clear up the mess you made crashing out of Word, then try edit
paste special - unformatted text to paste your content. If that works for
you then the following macro will automate that:

Sub PasteUnfText()
On Error GoTo oops
Selection.PasteSpecial DataType:=wdPasteText, Placement:= _
wdInLine
End
oops:
Beep
End Sub

Kaja wrote:
Hi, I would really appreciate it if you could check the compatibility
of Word 2000 and IE 7. I have had Word 2000 and used it with IE 6
with no issues. I recently upgraded to IE 7 and I went to one of my
pieces of mail my Yahoo mail and copied some text to the clipboard
and went to paste it on a blank Word dcument. It would not paste.
The cursor turned into an hourglass and froze up. So I hit
CTRL+ALT+DEL and end task on word. I did this twice and the problem
persisted. Any help would be
appreciated. Sincerely, Kaja
Sanvean

suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the
button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft
Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.