Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
kol kol is offline

Default My print preview only shows the middle section of my document.

When i preview my papers it only shows the middle part of my paper and not
any text towards the margins. I've tried everything adjusting margins,
zooming and nothing seems to help. I'd really like to see what my paper
looks like and how far I've gotten but I cant. Please help
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: My print preview only shows the middle section of my document.

Hey there! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your print preview. Let's see if we can figure out what's going on.
  1. First, let's check your page setup. Go to the "Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen, and click on "Margins." Make sure that your margins are set to a reasonable size - usually around 1 inch on all sides is a good starting point. If your margins are set too small, Word may be cutting off the edges of your document in the print preview.
  2. If your margins look good, let's try adjusting the zoom level. In the bottom right corner of the screen, there should be a zoom slider. Try sliding it to the left or right to adjust the zoom level. You can also click on the percentage next to the slider to enter a specific zoom level. Sometimes, if the zoom level is too high or too low, it can cause the print preview to cut off part of the document.
  3. If neither of those solutions work, it's possible that there's a problem with your printer settings. Try going to the "File" tab in the ribbon, clicking on "Print," and then clicking on "Print Preview" in the bottom left corner of the print dialog box. This will bring up a separate print preview window, which may show more of your document than the built-in print preview. If the separate print preview window shows your entire document, then the problem is likely with your printer settings.

I hope one of these solutions works for you! Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help with.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi kol,

Check that the page size specified for the document is the same as your printer is set up for.

--
Cheers
macropod

"kol" wrote in message ...
When i preview my papers it only shows the middle part of my paper and not
any text towards the margins. I've tried everything adjusting margins,
zooming and nothing seems to help. I'd really like to see what my paper
looks like and how far I've gotten but I cant. Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Kirt Kirt is offline

In Word 2003 go to ToolsOptions ... then select the View tab. From the
"Print and Web Layout options" make sure "White space between pages (Print
view only)" is selected.

In Word 2007 go to Windows ButtonWord Options and select Display button on
left column. Make sure "Show white space between pages in Print Layout view"
is selected.

"kol" wrote:

When i preview my papers it only shows the middle part of my paper and not
any text towards the margins. I've tried everything adjusting margins,
zooming and nothing seems to help. I'd really like to see what my paper
looks like and how far I've gotten but I cant. Please help

juntjoo juntjoo is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirt View Post

"kol" wrote:

When i preview my papers it only shows the middle part of my paper and not
any text towards the margins. I've tried everything adjusting margins,
zooming and nothing seems to help. I'd really like to see what my paper
looks like and how far I've gotten but I cant. Please help
Hi, I tried this but it still hides the left portion of my envelope(No. 8 6-3/4). Any other ideas? Thanks