Robert Roberts Robert Roberts is offline
Junior Member

Smile Word: Auto Fill a Section of a Report based on Templates

Dear Community,

I would greatly appreciate your help.

Scenario: As part of a document, I often need to repeat the same content (descriptions of the equipment) in a section based on the clients request. All these equipment descriptions are in a folder with file names such as Pump X.docx, Pump Y.docx, Valve W.docx. At present I am opening these word files (of which there are approx 200) and copying directly into the document, one after the other. Since these descriptions are always the same and the location in the new report is always the same (Level 2 heading, in Section 2 of the Report) is there a way of automating this?

Possible Solution: A dropdown box which could list all the equipment descriptions and when selected, they automatically pre-populate Section 2 of the report?

I am not sure if this is possible, but would greatly appreciate your help to automate this mundane task.

Many thanks

Robert

PS. I am not very fluent in VBA, so would appreciate instructions in Layman's terms, if possible. Thanks in advance