#1   Report Post  
Grhan Gvenkaya Support Yazlm Ltd. ti

Default i want to prevent, control, hide or code word's temprorary file...

Blank
Dear Sir or Madam,

I develope a web based software related with controlled document management on Word (Ms word processing tool of Ms Office) basis.

In this system i want user to read document like a pdf object without copy or edit the body of the document.

I succeeded to do this on web browser by closing the menus of word and right button of mouse etc. I wrote an activex using dso frame object.

I carry word document from server to web user's pc by extracting from SQL Server database with activex.

User opened controlled word document in his/her web browser (ie version 5.5 or higher) by using word and dso frame object (an ole contaiener).

But word creates a temporary copy of this document in read only mode. An intelligent user can easily find this tmp file and open it read only and copy all of its content... It overrides the condition of controlled document.

And my question is = How can i prevent, control, hide or code this word temporary word file ????

Thank you for your help.

Yours sincerely

Gurhan

GIF89a-\0-\0\0,\0\0\0\0-\0-\0@p nZ'6)H"bʶ*rlβgxy Ch^|
xBi$ibW?Un9{khVƏ_wmY%5 HrS8Q\0\0;
  #2   Report Post  
Chuck Davis

Blank
"Grhan Gvenkaya Support Yazlm Ltd. ti" wrote in message ...

Dear Sir or Madam,

I develope a web based software related with controlled document management on Word (Ms word processing tool of Ms Office) basis.

In this system i want user to read document like a pdf object without copy or edit the body of the document.

I succeeded to do this on web browser by closing the menus of word and right button of mouse etc. I wrote an activex using dso frame object.

I carry word document from server to web user's pc by extracting from SQL Server database with activex.

User opened controlled word document in his/her web browser (ie version 5.5 or higher) by using word and dso frame object (an ole contaiener).

But word creates a temporary copy of this document in read only mode. An intelligent user can easily find this tmp file and open it read only and copy all of its content... It overrides the condition of controlled document.

And my question is = How can i prevent, control, hide or code this word temporary word file ????

Thank you for your help.

Yours sincerely

Gurhan

In a word, you can't. The PDF is lownloaded to the viewers computer and placed in the Temp Internet Files. I can then open a pdf and modify the text using Adobe Arcobat 6.0 Pro.

Read this: http://www.jamesshuggins.com/h/web1/...ownloading.htm

GIF89a-\0-\0\0,\0\0\0\0-\0-\0@p nZ'6)H"bʶ*rlβgxy Ch^|
xBi$ibW?Un9{khVƏ_wmY%5 HrS8Q\0\0;