Kristyn

Default How do I format a phone number in a mail merge?

My data source is an Access query. The phone # is formated correctly in the
query, but when merged into a Word doc it looses it's formatting. Instead of
this:
(206) 860-1400,
I get this:
2068601400

Thanks for your ideas - Kristyn
Doug Robbins

If you have the expression correct in the query (and it's that expression
that is doing the formatting, not the built in formatting) then it should
appear as formatted.

You would need the following expression:

"(" & Left([Phone],3) & ") " & Mid([Phone],4,3) & "-" & Right([Phone],4)

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Kristyn" wrote in message
My data source is an Access query. The phone # is formated correctly in
the
query, but when merged into a Word doc it looses it's formatting. Instead
of
this:
(206) 860-1400,
I get this:
2068601400

Thanks for your ideas - Kristyn

Graham Mayor

Or format it in Word with the following field switch
{ Mergefield Phone \# "'('000') '000'-'0000" }

See - http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm