Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] starrdesigns@sbcglobal.net is offline

Default Footers and page numbers

Hello - I am new to Word and I am using 2007. I am trying to add both
page numbers and a separate footer with a copyright blurb to my
document. The page numbering is easy enough - I have it on the right
side of the document. When I add the other footer (on the left) the
page number goes away. Is there a way to have them both on the pages.
It's probably something simple. Also - how can I add the copyright
symbol to the footer?
Thanks.

Steve Blackburn
www.learnwatercolors.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can add the copyright symbol to the footer by typing (r) and letting it
AutoCorrect just as it would anywhere else. You can also insert the page
number using the Insert Page Number button on the Header and Footer toolbar
(or whatever the Word 2007 equivalent is).

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello - I am new to Word and I am using 2007. I am trying to add both
page numbers and a separate footer with a copyright blurb to my
document. The page numbering is easy enough - I have it on the right
side of the document. When I add the other footer (on the left) the
page number goes away. Is there a way to have them both on the pages.
It's probably something simple. Also - how can I add the copyright
symbol to the footer?
Thanks.

Steve Blackburn
www.learnwatercolors.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On May 19, 12:21 pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
You can add the copyright symbol to the footer by typing (r) and letting it
AutoCorrect just as it would anywhere else. You can also insert the page
number using the Insert Page Number button on the Header and Footer toolbar
(or whatever the Word 2007 equivalent is).

Word MVP FAQ site:http://word.mvps.org

wrote in message

ups.com...

Hello - I am new to Word and I am using 2007. I am trying to add both
page numbers and a separate footer with a copyright blurb to my
document. The page numbering is easy enough - I have it on the right
side of the document. When I add the other footer (on the left) the
page number goes away. Is there a way to have them both on the pages.
It's probably something simple. Also - how can I add the copyright
symbol to the footer?
Thanks.

Steve Blackburn
www.learnwatercolors.com- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Suzanne - I have inserted the copyright symbol but I am still
having problems adding page numbers. Once the footer is formatted (in
this case my copyright info) the page numers go away. At this point
the page numbering under the "Insert" toolbar is grayed out. If I put
the page number in first then I can't put the copyright footer in. It
seems like you can only have one or the other, not both in the same
footer. Help!

Steve Blackburn

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I don't have Word 2007, so I can't help further, but this problem has been
discussed repeatedly here and in other NGs. I suspect if you search Google,
you'll turn up a discussion that provides the solution. You can certainly
always insert a page number manually using Insert | Field | Page (or its
equivalent in Word 2007) or by typing PAGE, selecting it, and pressing
Ctrl+F9.

wrote in message
oups.com...
On May 19, 12:21 pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
You can add the copyright symbol to the footer by typing (r) and letting

it
AutoCorrect just as it would anywhere else. You can also insert the page
number using the Insert Page Number button on the Header and Footer

toolbar
(or whatever the Word 2007 equivalent is).

Word MVP FAQ site:http://word.mvps.org

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

ups.com...