Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed K Ed K is offline

Default Normal.dotm

Every time I close Word 2007 on Vista SP1, I have to go through the following
windows:

1. First, I get this error message: The file is in use by another
application or user. C:\ . . . . . Normal.dot
2. When I click Ok, it opens a Windows Explorer window in the folder at path
C:\Users\Ed\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates
3. When I click "Cancel", it leaves Word open, but with no file open
4. When I click "X" at top right to close this window, the following message
pops up: Changes have been made that affect the global template Normal.dotm.
Do you want to save those changes?
5. When I click "No", Word closes (which is what I was originally trying to
do).

I do I get rid of this?

Thanks.
Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed K Ed K is offline

Typo on my original question: What do I do to get rid of this (problem)?

"Ed K" wrote:

Every time I close Word 2007 on Vista SP1, I have to go through the following
windows:

1. First, I get this error message: The file is in use by another
application or user. C:\ . . . . . Normal.dot
2. When I click Ok, it opens a Windows Explorer window in the folder at path
C:\Users\Ed\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates
3. When I click "Cancel", it leaves Word open, but with no file open
4. When I click "X" at top right to close this window, the following message
pops up: Changes have been made that affect the global template Normal.dotm.
Do you want to save those changes?
5. When I click "No", Word closes (which is what I was originally trying to
do).

I do I get rid of this?

Thanks.
Ed

Normal.dotm andrswal Microsoft Word Help 2 May 30th 08 03:21 PM
Normal.dotm dslocum[_9_] Microsoft Word Help 2 May 3rd 08 06:17 AM
Normal.dotm Sinclair Microsoft Word Help 10 January 8th 08 07:38 PM
Normal.dotm Rick Microsoft Word Help 1 August 30th 07 06:45 AM
Convert normal.dot in W2000 to normal.dotm in W2007 Why did I update Microsoft Word Help 3 August 8th 07 09:42 PM