Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Garard Pat Garard is offline

Default Landscape!!

G'Day All,

Curiosity has finally got the better of me:

When I read printed books/manuals I sometimes find landscape pages. To
read those pages I rotate the book clockwise.

If I print a Word document that has landscape pages and if, immediately
after printing, I put a staple in the top left corner - I then find that the
landscape pages require ANTIclockwise rotation to be read.

What I have to do, before stapling, is go through the printed document
and manually rotate all landscape pages by 180° in order to achieve a
result similar to a standard printed book.

What am I missing?
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This depends a lot on your printer. Inkjet printers (which often output
pages face up) have a tendency to rotate landscape pages the "wrong" way;
lasers usually get it right (at least mine historically have). It depends a
lot on the printer driver: the original driver for my old DeskJet 820Cse
rotated landscape pages the wrong way; an updated driver got it right.

"Pat Garard" apgarard-bigpond:net:au wrote in message
G'Day All,

Curiosity has finally got the better of me:

When I read printed books/manuals I sometimes find landscape pages. To
read those pages I rotate the book clockwise.

If I print a Word document that has landscape pages and if, immediately
after printing, I put a staple in the top left corner - I then find that

the
landscape pages require ANTIclockwise rotation to be read.

What I have to do, before stapling, is go through the printed document
and manually rotate all landscape pages by 180° in order to achieve a
result similar to a standard printed book.

What am I missing?
--
Regards,
Pat Garard
Melbourne, Australia
_______________________

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Garard Pat Garard is offline

Hi Suzanne,

I expected something like this - the irritating thing is that it only happens
with Word.

If I print a PDF (including a PDF created from a Word Doc) it seems to
be ok!
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There are some mysterious settings in Word's Print Options and some less
mysterious settings in some printer drivers that have to do with how a page
is flipped when you duplex it. You might try experimenting with those, but I
can't promise much.

[...]

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement