Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
faerie_bel faerie_bel is offline

Default adding a watermark deletes the header - help?

I have a document with 5 sections in it. It also has an odd page/even page
header which is consistent throughout sections 2 to 5. I need to add a
"Draft" watermark to the entire document. The problem is that when I do this
(using Format -- Background etc), Word deletes my header in sections 3, 4 and
5 of the document.

I don't know why this is happening, as I have done this scenario
successfully in other, similarly formatted documents.

Do I need to manually add my watermark to each page of the document or is
there a way around this that I don't know about? :-)

Thanks in advance!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You'll need the watermark to be in the header view of each of the sections
you require it to appear. If it is going to conflict with a header, you can
always put it in the footer or vice versa. A watermark is simply a (pale)
graphic set behind the text.

faerie_bel wrote:
I have a document with 5 sections in it. It also has an odd page/even
page header which is consistent throughout sections 2 to 5. I need to
add a "Draft" watermark to the entire document. The problem is that
when I do this (using Format -- Background etc), Word deletes my
header in sections 3, 4 and 5 of the document.

I don't know why this is happening, as I have done this scenario
successfully in other, similarly formatted documents.

Do I need to manually add my watermark to each page of the document
or is there a way around this that I don't know about? :-)

Thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
faerie_bel faerie_bel is offline

Actually - never mind.

What Word appears to be doing is removing the "Link to Previous" setting on
my headers once I add the watermark. So I have simply added my watermark as
normal and have just had to go through and reactivate the Link to Previous
setting in the headers that "disappeared".

It is so weird (and a little inconvenient) that Word does this though!