nico

Default Automatically turn Hyperlinks into text

Hi, I import a lot of text from websites into documents, and when I reformat
the text, I would like an easy way to format hyperlinks to look like the
standard text.
I thought that either (automatically) removing the hyperlinks could work, or
formatting them by template.
To do latter, I have created a document template and reformatted the
hyperlink enty in the "Styles and Formatting" box. But the effect is simply
that the format of newly pasted hyperlinks does not at all anymore show in
the "Styles and Formatting" box.
Any ideas?
Better still, is there a way to automatically reformat a pasted document
into my own standard?
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 05:55:01 -0800, "nico"
wrote:

Hi, I import a lot of text from websites into documents, and when I reformat
the text, I would like an easy way to format hyperlinks to look like the
standard text.
I thought that either (automatically) removing the hyperlinks could work, or
formatting them by template.
To do latter, I have created a document template and reformatted the
hyperlink enty in the "Styles and Formatting" box. But the effect is simply
that the format of newly pasted hyperlinks does not at all anymore show in
the "Styles and Formatting" box.
Any ideas?
Better still, is there a way to automatically reformat a pasted document
into my own standard?

To make the hyperlinks look like regular text, modify the Hyperlink
style in the document's template to match the formatting of the Normal
style. You may also have to select the pasted text and press
Ctrl+spacebar to remove any manual formatting and let the style
formatting take effect.

To change hyperlinks into plain (non-hyperlinked) text, you have to
"unlink" the hyperlink fields. See the post at
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...bf763bab8a5bf5
for two ways to do that.

Reformatting pasted text is a complicated subject. See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...xtChanges.html for a
discussion.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
nico

The macro described in the google-group article does just what i wanted.
I still have some minor questions. I did change the style of "hyperlink" in
the template, but it renamed itself against my will. When I now open a new
document based on my template, it contains the style "Hyperlink,Hyperlink-2"
rather than just "Hyperlink". The effect is even better. When I paste text
with links and put the cursor onto the text, the "Styles and Formatting" pane
tells me that the text is "Hyperlink,Hyperlink-2". But when I want to select
all text with that formatting, I am told that no text has that format (Select
All: Not Currently Used, in the drop-down menu).

While the link-breaking from the macro surely works, I wonder why my
intuitive solution doesn't.

Thanks again.

wrote:

[...]

Can one item of text be automatically replicated in several spots? Chris Microsoft Word Help 1 January 20th 05 03:28 PM
How do I turn off notification before deleting text? topseed Microsoft Word Help 1 January 5th 05 11:30 PM
Automatically changing text when another text is changed Melissa S Microsoft Word Help 1 December 29th 04 08:43 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
How do I automatically indent text to line up with headings Ed Microsoft Word Help 3 November 24th 04 02:41 PM