Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jeff Bergeron Jeff Bergeron is offline

Default MergeField

Hi! Is someone know how to obtain more than 255 characters into a mergefield
in Word 2003? My data are into an Access database and one of the field is a
memo and include more characters than 255. But, into Word, only 255 first
characters are shown.

Thank you!

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

There has been a recent conversation on this topic - see
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mic...4cb8508515a02a

(You may need to reconstitute the link)

Which connection method are you using to connect to Access (if you don't
know, it's probably OLE DB)? Can you try the other methods (check Word
Tools|Options|General|"Confirm conversions at open", go through the process
of connecting to your data source again, and choose DDE, ODBC or OLEDB)?

Are you connecting to a Query or a Table?

Experiments here with up-to-date versions of Word 2003, Access 2003, and an
Access 2000 format database suggest that all connection methods (the
default, OLE DB, ODBC, and the old Word 2000 default, DDE) read memos
considerably longer than 255 characters, but that DDE fails altogether with
records with long memo fields. But it is obvious that other people are
experiencing something different.

Peter Jamieson

"Jeff Bergeron" wrote in message
Hi! Is someone know how to obtain more than 255 characters into a
mergefield in Word 2003? My data are into an Access database and one of
the field is a memo and include more characters than 255. But, into Word,
only 255 first characters are shown.

Thank you!

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jeff Bergeron Jeff Bergeron is offline

Thank you for the quick answer. I connect to a table. In fact, the process start
with a "table creation query", But I just found the error. The "table creation
query" cut the memo field! I trid to connect directly to a select query but Word
told me that's impossible to connect. I'm working on it.

So thankss and I will post an update!

Jeff

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

There has been a recent conversation on this topic - see
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mic...lmerge.fields/

browse_frm/thread/f877ab6c115da8e3/894cb8508515a02a?
lnk=st&q=&rnum=1#894cb8508515a02a