Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Sesquipedalian Sam Sesquipedalian Sam is offline

Default Option to flag double-space after full stop? (Word 2007)

Is there a Word 2007 option to flag double spaces after a full stop?

I believe the recommended style with proportional fonts is to use just
a single space. Correct?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can set up in the grammar checker the number of spaces you wish to have.
Double spacing is still widely used but is an unnecessary throwback to the
age of the typewriter.

Sesquipedalian Sam wrote:
Is there a Word 2007 option to flag double spaces after a full stop?

I believe the recommended style with proportional fonts is to use just
a single space. Correct?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Sesquipedalian Sam Sesquipedalian Sam is offline

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 08:36:22 +0300, "Graham Mayor"
wrote:

You can set up in the grammar checker the number of spaces you wish to have.

How? I cannot find where to set that option.

Word 2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Sesquipedalian Sam Sesquipedalian Sam is offline

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 11:47:36 +0300, "Graham Mayor"
wrote:

Word Options Proofing Grammar & Style Settings Spaces Required between
sentences.

Not quite, but close enough that I found it. Thanks.

In Word 2007, it's

* Word Options
* Proofing
* When correcting spelling and grammar in Word
* Writing style:
* Settings
* Spaces required between sentences

Curiously, this is one of several settings that is maintained twice,
once when Writing style is set to "Grammar Only" and once when it is
set to "Grammar & Style". If you switch between the two Writing style
settings, you need to set the Spaces required setting twice.

I think Word's proliferation of options has exceeded the capacity of
the programmers to control.