Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ralphael1

Default Help find newsgroup

I am new to the Save to Disk feature and need some help. Where do I
find a newsgroup that can help me with files and folders stored to
disk?

Ralphael, the OLD one

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Try posting your question in the appropriate Windows newsgroup.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Ralphael1" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am new to the Save to Disk feature and need some help. Where do I
find a newsgroup that can help me with files and folders stored to
disk?

Ralphael, the OLD one

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ralphael1

If I knew where to find the "appropriate Windows newsgroup" I would not
be posting in this group.

Ralphael, the OLD one.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ralphael1

Thank you for the response. I am using Windows XP and CD-R disks. I may
have created a monster by using the wrong disk.
I cannot delete files and folders. It seems to be a Read Only problem
that I cannot correct.

Ralphael, the OLD one

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon

"Ralphael1" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thank you for the response. I am using Windows XP and CD-R disks. I may
have created a monster by using the wrong disk.
I cannot delete files and folders. It seems to be a Read Only problem
that I cannot correct.

Ralphael, the OLD one

Firstly, even if you are using Google groups, please quote some or all of
the post you are replying to. Have a read he

Secondly, if, as I assume you are trying to delete files and folders on a
CDR then you can't. Once they are copied to a CDR then that's it. What you
need is a CDRW but then you will also need some software to format the CDRW
disk for packet writing. The native CD burning app in XP won't do that.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Well, that will definitely not work.

As for the appropriate Windows group, you know which version of Windows
you're using (I hope). I don't know how you accessed this group but however
you found it, somewhere in there is one for your version of Windows as well.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Ralphael1" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thank you for the response. I am using Windows XP and CD-R disks. I may
have created a monster by using the wrong disk.
I cannot delete files and folders. It seems to be a Read Only problem
that I cannot correct.

Ralphael, the OLD one

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor

http://www.gmayor.com/MSNews.htm

Ralphael1 wrote:
If I knew where to find the "appropriate Windows newsgroup" I would
not be posting in this group.

Ralphael, the OLD one.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ralphael1

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
Well, that will definitely not work.

As for the appropriate Windows group, you know which version of Windows
you're using (I hope). I don't know how you accessed this group but however
you found it, somewhere in there is one for your version of Windows as well.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

JoAnn, sorry I ticked you off.
I have only a infinately small amount of your knowlege, campassion is
another story.

Ralphael, the OLD one.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

I wasn't ticked off. I just said that using a trying to use a CD-R a second
time won't work. And that I don't know how you accessed the newsgroups
(there is more than one way) and without knowing that, we can't help you
find the proper newsgroup.

Believe me, it takes a bit more than that to tick me off.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Ralphael1" wrote in message
oups.com...

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
Well, that will definitely not work.

As for the appropriate Windows group, you know which version of Windows
you're using (I hope). I don't know how you accessed this group but
however
you found it, somewhere in there is one for your version of Windows as
well.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

JoAnn, sorry I ticked you off.
I have only a infinately small amount of your knowlege, campassion is
another story.

Ralphael, the OLD one.

Find function doesn't work in Word 2003 GPa Microsoft Word Help 1 February 4th 06 10:54 PM
Mail Merge Find Button Terri Mailmerge 2 January 19th 06 07:01 PM
Computer can't find Winword.exe. Need to re-install. Where find? Bob1111111 Microsoft Word Help 2 November 30th 05 03:37 AM
Computer can't find Winword.exe. Need to re-install. Where find? Bob1111111 Microsoft Word Help 0 November 29th 05 07:40 AM
Find and Replace Michael R New Users 11 January 22nd 05 05:31 PM