Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bob Stringer

Default Options | File Locations tab

When I look at the File Locations tab in Word 2000, the full
paths for the AutoRecover file and the Startup folder aren't
visible because they're rather long and the options dialog
box apparently can't be enlarged. Is there any way to see
the complete paths?

I read somewhere that it could be done by clicking on the
Modify button, but that doesn't work for me, because it
merely produces a Browse for Folder dialog box in which My
Computer is selected.

This isn't that big of a deal, since I know where the
startup file is, and I've never had a reason to find the
AutoRecover file. Still, it seems strange that it would
impossible to read these paths, so I'm wondering how it's
done.

Thanks.
--

Bob Stringer
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

In the dialog that appears when you do click on Modify, if you use the
pulldown at the top of the dialog, it shold expand to show you the path.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Bob Stringer" wrote in message
When I look at the File Locations tab in Word 2000, the full
paths for the AutoRecover file and the Startup folder aren't
visible because they're rather long and the options dialog
box apparently can't be enlarged. Is there any way to see
the complete paths?

I read somewhere that it could be done by clicking on the
Modify button, but that doesn't work for me, because it
merely produces a Browse for Folder dialog box in which My
Computer is selected.

This isn't that big of a deal, since I know where the
startup file is, and I've never had a reason to find the
AutoRecover file. Still, it seems strange that it would
impossible to read these paths, so I'm wondering how it's
done.

Thanks.
--

Bob Stringer

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bob Stringer

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

In the dialog that appears when you do click on Modify, if
you use the pulldown at the top of the dialog, it shold
expand to show you the path.

When I tried it, there was no pull down, but given your
response I figured out what was going on.

I use a utility that adds various features to dialog boxes.
I disabled it just now, and then went to the File Locations
tab and click modify. This time the dialog was opened to the
folder in question (instead of My Computer) and it had a
pull down.

Thanks for your help.
--

Bob Stringer