Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
John K John K is offline

Default SQL problem

I have a mail merge with word and ms access. When I was at my other office
our server had my my document folder on a redir on the server out there. Now
I'm in another office and the files are both on the t: drive of the server.
I have no problem opening the files. But the person that now prints out the
labels gets the sql message and when he says yes the it comes up with another
box looking for the data file. It show the data file but it's the path that
was to my computer at the other office. He can click the tab next to it and
select the file on the share drive and it works. But even if he saves it, it
does the same thing again with the wrong path. I've even tried creating a
new sql connection, but after closing and then opening again that same
message comes up again and that same old path which by the way that server
has been removed. Other than completely making a new mail merge, how can I
have it use the path that the database is in.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I think in this case you need to disconnect the existing connection before
attempting to reconnect - it should be enough to convert the mail merge main
document to a "normal Word document" - how to do that depends on the version
of Word. You will lose any sort/filter options but all the field codes will
still be in the document. Then save the document. Then make the connection
again. Then save and close, and try re-opening again.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk