Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ernie Ernie is offline

Default rescue file after computer crash ?

My computer crashed when I was in the middle of typing a long word doc.

How do I retrieve ?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Presumably you had saved it at some point, and Saved it every few
minutes as you were working on it, hopefully shortly before the crash.
Open the document in Word, and Word will show you the last Autosave
before the crash (or the last version you saved manually).

If you never saved it, tough noogies! If you have Autosave turned off,
then you're back where you were yesterday.

On Jan 14, 5:14*pm, ernie wrote:
My computer crashed when I was in the middle of typing a long word doc.

How do I retrieve ?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

grammatim wrote:
Open the document in Word, and Word will show you the last Autosave
before the crash (or the last version you saved manually).

There is no 'autosave' in Word. There is only autosave recovery information.
Word will only present that, if available, on recovery from a crash. If the
recovery file is not presented, then the document is lost. The last manually
saved version will be the last entry in the recent file list.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Arbab Arbab is offline

Dear all
I want to share some iformation about this topice
ernie's suggestion is right that we should make our habbit to Press Ctrl+S
after some minutes
Graham Mayor is also right there is no autosave option but autorecover
option if the document is save some where in computer word autosave the
document after time to time we can set this time by following proceedu

press Alt+T+O you see tabs in a window
then see the SAVE tab
you can find (Save auto recover info ever [10] minuts)
set this time period you want as per your requirment

Best Regards
Arbab Irfan