Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
apricott26

Default how to tab text in a numbered list without losing formatting

In a numbered page of Minutes, Word 2003 stubbornly refuses to allow a line
of text to be tabbed up to align with text above. All attempts to persuade
it result in text above being reformatted nonsensically (ie numbers removed
and replaced with bullet points, tabs where I don't want them.) Any help
would be appreciated
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

In a numbered list, the Tab key changes the numbering level, unless
you clear the "Set first and left indent with tabs and backspaces"
option in Tools | AutoCorrect Options, AutoFormat As You Type tab. But
note that it is recommended to set up multi-level numbering with
styles (see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html) and
specify the desired indents in the Numbering dialog box. Then, apply
the desired style to get the desired numbering level. And for
non-numbered paragraphs, which should line up with the numbered ones,
you should use a style from the List Continue series (you can modify
it to suit your needs).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"apricott26" wrote in message
In a numbered page of Minutes, Word 2003 stubbornly refuses to allow

a line
of text to be tabbed up to align with text above. All attempts to

persuade
it result in text above being reformatted nonsensically (ie numbers

removed
and replaced with bullet points, tabs where I don't want them.) Any

help
would be appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Luc

Apricott26,
If you want several separate lines under a particular number use shift+enter
which gives you a new line. If you want a new number hit enter.

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)

"apricott26" schreef in bericht